The surgeon's office called this afternoon and told me they scheduled me for Tuesday, Jan. 22 at noon at Renown. I had wanted to go to St.'s, but Dr. Harris is already in surgery at Renown that day. I would have to wait even longer if I still opted for St. Mary's.
The plastic surgeon is on vacation this week, so that put it out a bit too. I have a Pre-op appt with him on the 16th.
I must admit, I felt pretty upset when they called, but what are ya gonna do?!?
I just have a hard time not letting my mind wander to that place of wondering if those cancer cells are finding their way out of the breast and traveling elsewhere. I just want it done. I guess that's the worst part of having this beast... The waiting and the wondering.
All I can do at this point is learn to be more patient and know that God walks before me.
Hmmm... Kinda sad, but I was supposed to be laying on a warm sunny beach in Hawaii on the 22nd...